Table Mats - Crackles
This variant is currently sold out
Designed using our unique hand-painted technique, these table mats use our trademark crackle effect to create a design that beautifully mimics that of elephant skin. With its gorgeous design and minimalist pattern, you'll love using these table mats for all of your dinner parties.
Using the trademark crackle effect that is Tribal Textiles' signature (from the starch resist technique), these table mats are hand drawn and hand painted on durable cotton, designed to imitate the simple, beautiful pattern of elephant skin.
While the design and technique are the same, each artisan has his own way of starching and balancing colors, making each piece unique in its own special way.
- Color: Grey
- Made from 100% GMO free cotton fabric sourced in Africa
- Each piece may vary slightly due to its handcrafted nature
- Machine wash on gentle cycle, maximum 30 degrees Celsius. No tumble-dry. Iron inside out on low.
- Bundled together with handmade local twine and a decorative palm nut clasp. (Due to customs restrictions, Australian orders will come without twine and clasp.)
- Ethically handcrafted in South Luangwa, Zambia
5% of each purchase is reinvested in local community and conservation initiatives.
We had a tour of the "factory" a couple of years ago. All of the people working and around the area were so very pleasant it gives us much pleasure as we have this memory. We purchase more merchandise on occasion to help those nice people. All Americans like to help nice people. This is one way to give back a little and enjoy the pleasures their products give us.