Napkins - Quills Indigo
This product is currently sold out.
This distinctive design was inspired by the porcupine found here around the South Luangwa National Park. Although a rare sighting, these porcupine manage to leave us plenty of clues to where they have been exploring in the night. Their spiky black and white quills were the inspiration behind this bold napkin set design, and is a striking addition to any dining room table.
Using the trademark crackle effect that is Tribal Textiles' signature (from the starch resist technique), this napkin set is hand drawn and hand painted on durable cotton. Decorated with inspired design and vibrant indigo hues, it is sure to add a pop of color and texture to any interior.
While the design and technique are the same, each artisan has his own way of starching and balancing colors, making each piece unique in its own special way.
- Sold as set of 6
- Size: 46 cm x 46 cm / Approx. 18" x 18"
- Color: Indigo
- Made from 100% GMO free cotton fabric sourced in Africa
- Each piece can vary slightly due to its handcrafted nature
- Machine wash on gentle cycle, maximum 30 degrees Celsius. No tumble-dry. Iron inside out on low.
- Bundled together with handmade local twine and a decorative palm nut clasp. (Due to customs restrictions, Australian orders will come without twine and clasp.)
- Ethically handcrafted in South Luangwa, Zambia
5% of each purchase is reinvested in local community and conservation initiatives.
We have bought several items and also visited Tribal Textiles. We love their range of products which are all so evocative of South Luangwa. We also like the cakes in the cafe !