Throw Pillows - Papiko - White Fronted Bee Eaters
This variant is currently sold out
The Papiko Collection draws inspiration from some of the famous vibrant birds of the Luangwa Valley, Zambia. Aptly named Papiko, meaning ÔWingÕ in the local dialect here in our home of Mfuwe. This limited edition has VERY limited quantities only. Don't think twice before taking off, as these are one of a kind and won't ever be reproduced.The stunning, rich colours and style of this decorative pillow are inspired by the elegant White-Fronted Little Bee Eater, a colourful bird that is found here in South Luangwa National Park all year around. The delicate hand painting and hand batik process by our talented artists at Tribal Textiles depicts this local bird onto African textiles.
While the design and technique are the same, each artisan has his own way of starching and balancing colours, making each piece unique in its own special way.
Using the trademark crackle effect that is Tribal Textiles' signature (from the starch resist technique), this cushion coveris hand drawn and hand painted on durable cotton.
This pillow case comes on a light taupe background, perfectly paired with our other Papiko and Boho Collection cushions in teals and charcoals, bringing out the vibrant spectrum of colourful details on this African bird.
- Size: Small 46 cm x 46 cm / Approx. 18" x 18" I Medium
- Color: Taupe
- Made from 100% GMO free cotton fabric sourced in Africa
- Backed with solid cotton fabric + vent closure
- Each piece may vary slightly due to its handcrafted nature
- Machine wash on gentle cycle, maximum 30 degrees Celsius. No tumble-dry. Iron inside out on low.
- Sold without insert
- Ethically handcrafted in South Luangwa, Zambia
5% of each purchase is reinvested in local community and conservation initiatives.