Table Mats - Rawhide
This product is currently sold out.
These table mats beautifully mimics the hides of Zambian wildlife. Gorgeously displaying the hides of the giraffe, elephant, zebra, and leopard that we often see around here at the South Luangwa National Park, the contrasting designs and bold hues of these table mats make them an amazing addition to any dining room decor.
Using the trademark crackle effect that is Tribal Textiles' signature (from the starch resist technique), these table mats are hand drawn and hand painted on durable cotton, decorated with a selection of Zambia's evocative big game.
While the design and technique are the same, each artisan has his own way of starching and balancing colors, making each piece unique in its own special way.
- Sold as set of 6
- Size: 50 cm x 35 cm / Approx. 20" x 14"
- Color: Rawhide Mix
- Made from 100% GMO free cotton fabric sourced in Africa
- Backed with complementary cotton fabric
- Each piece can vary slightly due to its handcrafted nature
- Machine wash on gentle cycle, maximum 30 degrees Celsius. No tumble-dry. Iron inside out on low.
- Bundled together with handmade local twine and a decorative palm nut clasp. (Due to customs restrictions, Australian orders will come without twine and clasp.)
- Ethically handcrafted in South Luangwa, Zambia
5% of each purchase is reinvested in local community and conservation initiatives.
I love these placemats and table runner and look forward to using them often post COVID.