FAQs about Tribal Textiles
Our tips for washing:
To ensure the longevity of your handmade textile, it’s important to take good care of it!
1. We recommend hand washing the textile in cold water.
2. If you choose to machine wash – make sure the temperature is no more than 30 degrees Celsius, on a gentle cycle.
3. Do NOT tumble-dry.
4. When ironing, turn the textile inside out and iron on the reverse side.
Our tips for general care:
1. Keep the textiles out of direct sunlight to avoid the colours fading.
Shipping & Packaging
We are proud to have our base in Zambia's beautiful Luangwa Valley. This magical wilderness is a superb safari destination, but is very remote and miles from anywhere! All the textiles that we sell on this site are hand-made at our workshop in Zambia, and shipped to you directly from here.
We offer DHL as our shipping option and offer free delivery for all orders above $300.
It's worth highlighting that a portion of these shipping costs will go directly towards supporting the children in the local orphanage, Hanada. We send a basket of fresh vegetables and nutritious food every week directly as a result of online purchases.
Since we are in a very remote part of the world, we recommend you allow at least 10 working days for the safe arrival of your parcel.
DHL offers a tracking system so you will be able to follow the progress of your order.
The table below shows how the shipping costs are calculated based on the weight of your order, including some examples to give you an idea of what quantity of textiles falls into each shipping band. We hope that it makes sense but please don't hesitate to contact us if you would like us to clarify anything.
SHIPPING WITHIN ZAMBIA (using Mac Speedy's)
Up to 5 kg: $9.95 (Up to 40 small cushion covers or 10 height charts and 3 large tablecloths).
5kg - 10kg: $24.95 (Up to 83 small cushion covers or 20 sets of 6 napkins and 40 safari washbags).
SHIPPING TO REST OF WORLD (with DHL)
Up to 2kg: $9.95 (Up to 12 small cushion covers or 1 extra large table cloth and 1 set of 6 napkins).
2kg - 3kg: $24.95 (Up to 25 small cushion covers or a large tablecloth, safari carry all, set of tablemats & 4 table runners).
3kg - 4kg: $29.95 to $39.95 (Up to 33 small cushion covers or 6 large wall hangings and a medium round tablecloth).
4kg - 5kg: $44.95 to $49.95 (Up to 40 small cushion covers or 10 height charts and 3 large tablecloths).
5kg - 6kg: $59.95 to $64.95 (Up to 50 small cushion covers or 5 satchels, 10 medium wall hangings and 2 sets of tablemats).
6kg - 7kg: $69.95 to $79.95 (Up to 58 small cushion covers or 10 sling bags, 10 adult aprons and 10 carry all bags).
7kg - 8kg: $75.95 to $85.95 (Up to 66 small cushion covers or 20 kids’ rucksacks, 4 medium tablecloths and 10 kids’ pencil cases).
8kg - 9kg: $84.95 to $94.95 (Up to 75 small cushion covers or 6 large tablecloths and 6 sets of 6 tablemats).
9kg - 10kg: $99.95 to $109.95 (Up to 83 small cushion covers or 20 sets of 6 napkins and 40 safari washbags).
Customers with orders weighing over 10kg will need to contact us for a quote.
Other details that you need to keep in mind:
* Some countries have customs entry charges, duties and/or taxes, depending on the value of the purchases. By placing an order with us you agree to pay these charges. If customs charges are due then DHL usually contacts you directly (see paragraph below).
* Shipments that are refused will be abandoned and customers will not be eligible for a refund.
* We are not responsible for any delay in delivery caused by the unavailability of someone to take delivery. It is your responsibility to contact the courier company as applicable to arrange the collection or delivery of products that could not be delivered because you were unavailable.
VAT & Import Duties
Please note that VAT and custom duties depend on your country and remain at your charge.
In Europe and UK, from 1 July 2021, VAT payment is applicable to purchases less than EUR 150 for all goods imported to the EU from a non-EU country or territory. This means that your Tribal Textiles order will be charged with the VAT rate of your country upon arrival, as well as import duties (if any), which rate depends on your country (usually between 12 and 24% of the order value).