Kuba Dark Taupe Outline Table Mats
This product is currently sold out.
5% of each purchase is reinvested in local community and conservation initiatives.
Crafted by Tribal Textiles artisans.
Designed using our unique hand-painted technique, this table mats set is from our Kuba collection, inspired by the embroidered raffia textiles that were the very first artifacts that came from Africa, originally made in Kuba kingdom (in what is now known as Democratic Republic of Congo).
Using the trademark crackle effect that is Tribal Textiles' signature (from the starch resist technique), these place mats are decorated with geometric linear patterns that will beautifully enhance any table setting.
While the design and technique are the same, each artisan has his own way of starching and balancing colours, making each piece unique in its own special way.
- Sold as set of of 4 or set of 6
- Size: 45cm x 35cm / Approx. 18" x 14" (sets of 4) I 50cm x 35cm / Approx. 20" x 14" (sets of 6)
- Color: Linen on Dark Taupe background
- Made from 100% GMO free cotton fabric sourced in Africa
- Each piece can vary slightly due to its handcrafted nature
- Care: hand wash cold or machine wash on gentle cycle, maximum 30 degrees Celsius. No tumble-dry. Iron inside out on low temperature setting
- This set is bundled together with hand-made local twine and a decorative wooden clasp. (Due to customs restrictions, orders bound for Australia will be shipped without the twine and wooden clasp.)